Thank you for contacting Medicare. This message is confirmation that we have received your e-mail inquiry and we are reviewing the information you sent.
Although the normal response time is from 48 to 72 hours, we will make every effort to respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible. If we find that your request will take additional time to research, we will send you an e-mail notification to explain that additional time is needed.
If you have a time-sensitive issue, we are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call us for immediate assistance at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048. You may also review Medicare’s frequently asked questions (FAQs) to find an answer to your question. A link to the FAQs can be found on the Medicare.gov Website.
Helpful User Tips:
For your protection, please do not include any personal health information (PHI) in your e-mail communications to Medicare. This includes information such as your Medicare number and date of birth.
Pop-up blocking software packages, such as the Google and Yahoo toolbars, may prevent you from successfully accessing MyMedicare.gov. Please use the appropriate steps below to disable your pop-up blocker.
Microsoft XP SP2 / IE 7.0 and 8.0 Pop-up Blocker is turned on in Internet Explorer by default. To turn it off or to turn it on again if you've already turned it off, follow these steps:
· Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button and then clicking Internet Explorer.
· Click the Tools button, and then click Pop-up Blocker.
· Do one of the following:
o To turn off Pop-up Blocker, click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
o To turn on Pop-up Blocker, click Turn On Pop-up Blocker.
Please Note: Continue to leave the default "Filter Level" set to "Medium: Block most automatic pop-ups".
Google Toolbar users will need to temporarily disable pop-up blocking by performing one of the following actions:
· Click Toolbar's wrench icon.
· On the Tools tab, select (or deselect) the 'Pop-up blocker' checkbox.
· Click Save.
To allow pop-ups, just click Toolbar's Pop-up blocker button. The button's icon should change from 'Pop- ups blocked' to 'Pop-ups allowed' . Once you allow pop-ups on a specific website, Pop-up blocker adds the website to an 'Allowed sites' whitelist.
Note: If you're still unable to open pop-ups after clicking the Pop-up blocker button, check that IE and your security software aren't preventing it from opening.
Yahoo tool-bar users will need to temporarily disable pop-up blocking by performing one of the following actions:
· To check if Pop-Up Blocker is on or off, just check the icon appearance. The Blocker is on when you see and off when you see. And, if you hold the cursor over the button, the tooltip that appears tells you if the Blocker is on or off.
· To turn Pop-Up Blocker on or off, select Enable Pop-Up Blocker from the menu. A check in front of the menu item indicates that the Blocker is on.
To turn Pop-Up Blocker sound notification on or off, select Play Sound When Pop-Up Is Blocked from the menu. A check in front of the menu item indicates that sound is on.