Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


What should I do if my address is incorrect?

If the address shown is not your current address, please call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213. If you prefer, a change of address may also be reported by calling or visiting your local Social Security Administration office.

For Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) beneficiaries, has a link to the RRB Zip Code Locator tool within Please use this tool to locate and call your local RRB office. If you also receive Social Security Administration benefits, please contact the SSA.

You also have the option to get information on how to change your mailing address via links provided in the 'Current Mailing Address' section on the My Account page. To change you mailing address with the RRB, click on the link 'contact your nearest Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) office'. If you receive Social Security benefits, click on the link 'report change of address to the Social Security Administration (SSA)'.

Note: If you have recently updated your address with the SSA and/or RRB, it may take 7-14 days for this change to show up in

Keywords: incorrect address change

Was this answer helpful?