How do I sign in for the first time?
1. In your internet browser, type www.MyMedicare.gov.
2. If you were automatically registered by Medicare or enrolled by a Medicare customer service representative, type in your Medicare Number (without the dashes) as it appears on your red, white and blue Medicare card in the 'Username' field. This number is sometimes called your Medicare Health Insurance Claim Number. It contains letters and numbers.
3. Be sure to type your one-time password in exactly as it appears in your welcome letter. To protect your security, you won't be able to change your password until you have successfully signed in.
4. Click on the Sign In button.
5. You will be prompted to create a new username of your own choosing to use when signing in to MyMedicare.gov instead of using your Medicare Number. This helps to protect your Medicare information and allows you to pick your own easy-to-remember ID. It should be between 8-30 characters long, and a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols ( - _ ! @ $).
Do not use your current Medicare Number or Social Security Number as your new username.
6. When the above steps have been executed successfully, you should have access to MyMedicare.gov.
If you continue to have problems signing in, please call 1-877-607-9663. Our Customer Service Representatives may be able to help you sign in. However, for your security, our Customer Service Representatives do not have access to your password and cannot give you or anyone else this information.
Deceased Beneficiary Accounts: Access to accounts where the beneficiary is deceased, is not permitted from MyMedicare.gov. Please call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) if you need additional assistance.